Acne is caused by clogged pores, so the steam opens pores and stops the clogging. What does this mean? Your acne will probably get worse before it gets better with steaming, because the steam exfoliates and gets toxins out of the skin. This leads to smaller looking pores that are unclogged. Your skin will look smoother and clearer.
•Simple At Home Steaming•
1. Wash your face with a simple cleanser. If you have acne you can use a light exfoliator. Make sure your hair is out of the way and you have a towel.
2. Fill a pot of water about 1/3 of the way and set to boil.
3. Just before boiling, you may add a combination of herbs and oils to really treat your skin. Mint is good for loosening dirt and oil as well as clearing sinuses. Lemon juice and tea tree oil are ideal for clearing up acne. Lavender has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, and makes relaxing steam before bed.
4. Once the water boils, remove the pot from the stove and set it on a table in front of you.
5. Lean over the water and drape the towel so that it covers your head and the pot. This seals in the steam and creates a sauna for your face.
6. Make sure you don't experience any discomfort. This should be relaxing. If it hurts or is painful then you are too close to the pot.
7. Sit or stand over the pot like this for 10 minutes, and when you're done rinse your face with cool water to close the pores or use a toner.
8. Look at yourself! You should have glowing skin. Be sure to steam no more than once a week in order to not aggravate the skin.
It's easy, inexpensive and a must for your skin care. Will. You be adding this to your regimen? Let us know in the comment section below.
Let's Make It A Beautiful Life!