- Start the day with a gentle cleanser. Cleansers should remove dirt and oil on the skin, but shouldn't be abrasive. A fragrance-free morning face wash with moisturizer is ideal.
- Invest in a good, overall eye cream, as eyes tend to show the first signs of aging. Start using an eye cream with caffeine to reduce morning puffiness. Also look for ingredients like antioxidants and retinol to slow down the aging process.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen -- this is the most important health habit. Recent studies showed that wearing a daily sunscreen on the face reduced one's risk of developing melanoma by 50%. Look for one SPF30 or higher that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- At night, remove all of your makeup, every night, no exception. Makeup can clog pores and lead to acne.
- Cleanse again at night with a gentle cleanser. Your skin does most of its repair work at night, so it's really important to make sure its thoroughly clean.
- If you're still experiencing breakouts, spot treat pimples with salicylic acid.
- Incorporate retinol into your routine. Vitamin-A (which is what retinol is derived from) fights wrinkles and helps to prevent breakouts.
- Exfoliate a few times a week.
What beauty tips do you wish you would have followed in your 20's? Let us know in the comment section below.
Let's Make It A Beautiful Life!!!