Need to do some ummm...grooming down there? Nervous? Don't be! I'm going to give you bikini waxing tips for novices. Are you taking notes?
I'm going to get straight to the point. Bikini waxing does not feel like a fluffy kitten cozying up to you on a cold winters day. That *bleep* hurts! I do think it's far better than shaving, depilatory creams or machines. It's worth every stinging moment, and I'm going to to give you tips to get through it all.
1. Find a reputable spa that performs this process several times a day. Ask a friend, a co-worker or get on the net to find a great place to go to. It's a good idea to visit the place before your procedure just to be sure the the premises are comfy and relaxing.
2. Learn how to say some really bad words. I'm already a master at cursing, but if it's not your thing, you may need to practice saying, "Jumping Jack Frost" or " Shut The Front Door!". You know what I mean! Some warm wax will be applied to your fuzzy bits down there, and then a strip of waxing paper on top of that. You'll wait about 15 seconds before your trusted practitioner rips those unwanted hair from the happy little follicles. Lovely and a little painful. Don't worry you're not bleeding...stop being dramatic.
3. Keep track of your menstrual cycle.Consult mother nature before you make an appointment. Don't decide to get a bikini wax the week before or during your actual period. Your threshold for pain is at it's highest a week after your cycle, so get to keeping track of your period, lady!
4. Don't go totally bare. Let's be honest...you ain't ready for all that. Your eyes were tearing from the very first strip, and from the looks of things down there, you're going to need at least ten more strips to leave it bare. It's called a Brazilian by the way and you're still not ready your first time. Try a cute landing strip with a good trim. You can thank me later.
5. BREATHE! The trick is to close your eyes, relax your muscles and take a long, deep breath before each yank. And after the yank, belt out one of those curse words you practiced earlier. It will totally help!
More Tips for Newbies:
- Ask for fresh wax when you get there. Other peoples pubes are other peoples business!
- Let hair grow out 2 to 3 weeks (about a quarter of an inch) before going in for waxing.
- Book your service early in the morning before your skin gets clammy from exercise or errands.
- Stay out of the sun 24 hours before and after your waxing service.
- Exfoliate the bikini line the day before your appointment with a loofah or body scrub. Follow up with baby oil to soften the hair follicles.
- Pop an aspirin or ibuprofen an hour before your appointment.
- Let your aesthetician know of any medications you're taking.
- Apply a first aid antibiotic gel with pain relief like Neosporin after the waxing as necessary.
- Don't drink alcohol before your appointment
Are you thinking of getting your first bikini wax? Did I scare you half to death? Let us know in the comment section below.
Let's make it a beautiful life!!!