Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Beauty Gadget: Goodbye Safeway Facial Cleanser and Hello Sorbet Facial Cleanser!

Safeway Facial Cleanser w/ several attachments R150 - R200

About 2 years ago I stopped into a Clicks Pharmacy and bought this Safeway Facial Cleanser. I recall it being between R150 and R200. It's battery operated and came with 5 attachments that I didn't care to learn how to use. I was really interested in the cleansing the exfoliating brushes. The rest were just there for decoration as far as I was concerned. Well, you get what you pay for because it barely lasted 6 months. I changed the batteries so many times and it seriously refused to turn on again. I was pissed. I went back to Clicks to buy another one but I couldn't find it, and I really wasn't prepared to pay Clarisonic money for a powered facial brush (see pic below).


Clarisonic Mia 1 Sonic Skin Cleansing $99 (R1173.67)



Sorbet Rechargeable Skin Cleaner

Sorbet Rechargeable Skin Cleaner
Originally R278 at Clicks but on Special for R219!

Fully water-resistant, the device can be used safely in the bathroom. This model comes with 3 different heads: Daily cleansing brush, exfoliating brush with fine tapered bristles, and a silicone brush head for extra delicate skin. Replacement heads will be sold individually within the coming months. A super fine latex sponge head will be available in the range of replacement heads, which can be used well in applying facial masks, working it more thoroughly into the skin an pores. It may also be used when polishing/exfoliating the skin with the Sorbet powder exfoliator.

Lastly, the Rechargeable cleanser has two operating speeds, dual direction rotation, and is USB rechargeable.

I've only used this cool gadget 4 times since I bought it, and so far I'm pretty happy. I generally find that I spend less time removing makeup, exfoliating and cleansing my face with a high powered brush. I also use far less product! Stay tuned for a comprehensive review of the Sorbet Rechargeable Skin Cleanser in the following weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment